Winter pumpkin soup: – For 4 people –
1 medium organic Majorcan pumpkin
2 white onions
3 garlic cloves
1 thyme branch
1 bay leaf
1 ginger nut
10 coriander seeds
Salt and pepper
3 liters of vegetable broth
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1/4 cup coconut milk
Other ingredients to serve:
Almond ricotta (Cal Reiet’s signature recipe)
1 fresh dill sprig
Roasted pumpkin seeds
Fresh herbs oil (Parsley – Basil – Shiso – Dill)
1. Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and cut into 4 large pieces. Wrap it in aluminium foil and cook at 180 degrees for 2 hours or until the pumpkin is very tender. Reserve.
2. While the pumpkin is cooking, peel the onion, ginger, garlic cloves, and cut into medium cubes. Cook these ingredients over low heat slowly in a pot with coconut oil and salt. Add the aromatic herbs (thyme, bay leaf, coriander seeds) to the salt and pepper. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
3. Add the pumpkin to the pot. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. After 10 minutes, add the hot broth and cook for 15 minutes over medium heat without boiling too much. Then add the coconut milk and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
5. Put the mix in a food processor (Vitamix type) and blend starting at low speed and ending at the highest speed until it has a velvet texture.
6. To serve, heat the cream and reserve. Place in each bowl, a piece of baked, tender and roasted pumpkin, a little bit of almond ricotta from our flagship recipe, some toasted pumpkin seeds, a few branches of fresh dill and fresh herbs oil. Once at the table, pour the hot soup in each bowl
This is a very tasty dish when in winter you look for warm and comfort food.