Feeling like having a healthy craving? It is always good to learn how to make new healthy and tasty dishes! And today we’d love to share the recipe for our creamy chocolate tart with red berries, which in addition to being vegan is gluten-free.
For the tart’s filling:
3 cups of cashews
1 cup of coconut cream
1 pinch of salt
5 tablespoons of extra virgin coconut oil
1 cup of rice syrup
1 cup of chocolate coverage 64%
1 cup of red berries
1/2 tablespoon agar agar
1 tablespoon of orange juice
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon of agave or rice syrup
1 cup of raw nuts (hazelnuts – walnuts – almonds – pine nuts – etc)
3/4 cup pitted dates
1/4 cup diced dried dates
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
1 tablespoon carob powder
Vegan raspberry sorbet
Fresh red berries
1. First we will make the chocolate filling. Put all the ingredients into a food processor. Blend them very well until a very smooth, velvety and homogeneous texture is achieved. When the texture is achieved, incorporate the chocolate that has been previously melted.
2. To make the base, grind all the ingredients for the base in a food processor until a kind of paste texture is achieved, it does not need to be very smooth, it may contain small pieces. Put it between two non-stick baking papers, making sure it is about 2 millimeters thin. Cut circles with a round cutter of the diameter of your choice for the tart. With leftovers of the base, you can make some small balls to make ‘protein balls’.
3. To give your tart the shape of the photo, choose some silicone molds in the shape of a half sphere. Fill almost entirely with the cashew and chocolate filling. Put the base on top and keep it in the fridge.
4. To make the tart topping, blend the red berries with the other ingredients, the orange and lemon juice and the syrup. You must achieve a liquid and smooth texture. Once achieved, pass it through a fine mesh strainer and keep the resulting liquid. Take this liquid to a small pot and add the agar agar. Cook at low heat until it starts to boil. Reserve.
5. Unmold the tarts that you have kept in the fridge, only if they have a solid texture that allows them to be removed easily. On a rack, bathe the tartlets with the red fruit preparation with agar agar, when it is still hot. The bath will cool down quickly as soon as it comes into contact with the tart and the agar coating will be perfectly impregnated to your tart.
To serve, arrange the tart on a plate on one side, decorate with fresh red berries, such as raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, a few sprouts of mint. Complete the other half of the plate with a raspberry sorbet, on a vegan crumble.